This nutritious yet scrumptious salad will energize you whilst the bright, citrusy taste of the lemons will elevate your senses! Our 100% Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil and olives combined with feta will remind you of a tree-shaded garden under the Greek sun!
- TIME NEEDED
- 25 mins
- 3⁄4 cup Gaea Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Freshly pressed juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1⁄2 tsp Greek seasoning mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 16 oz orzo (450g)
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves (100g)
- 1 glass Gaea Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, diced and seeded
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, diced (100g)
- 7 oz feta cheese (200g)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, season with salt, and cook the orzo for 10 minutes. Drain, rinse and set aside to cool.
- Transfer the cooled orzo to a large mixing bowl. Add the spinach, chopped vegetables, and olives, then crumble the feta cheese over the pasta and toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, Greek seasoning, salt, and pepper until mixed.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the pasta mixture and gently fold until the pasta and veggies are coated.
- Season to taste, drizzle with more olive oil if wished.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight before serving. The pasta is best within 2-3 days but will lastup to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Serve warm or chilled, with plenty of raw or caramelised onions on top and drizzle with some lemon juice.
Use our simple method for any vinaigrette, 3 parts olive oil, 2 parts lemon or vinegar and 1 part mustard.