Yummy Organic white butter beans in Gaea organic tomato sauce, with healthy yet full of flavour raw Gaea organic extra virgin olive oil!
- TIME NEEDED
- 120 mins
- 500 grams Dried organic large white Butter beans
- 500ml Tomato passata
- 100ml Gaea Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 red onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 bunch of celery leaves
- Place the dried beans in 3 lt of water to soak overnight.
- The next day change the water and boil for 40 minutes occasionally skimming the top to remove the froth and drain into a deep roasting dish
- Chop the onions and garlic and sweat in a saucepan, add the tomato passata, oregano and chopped celery leaves, stir well and bring to the boil
- Smear the sauce over the beans, add salt and pepper and drizzle with the olive oil, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the foil and bake for a further 30 minutes
- Serve warm or chilled with herbs, feta cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
You can also use canned beans, simply ensure you wash and drain well.