Behold this fabulous butternut squash soup, crowned with crispy bacon! It's a breeze to whip up and simply screams 'fall perfection.' Whether you're slurping it up for a delightful, light lunch or preparing a freezer-friendly feast, it's your ticket to flavor town!
Recipe by @searchingforspice
- TIME NEEDED
- 40 minutes
- 5 strips bacon diced
- 2 tbsps GAEA Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 400 g butternut squash diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 800 ml chicken stock
- black pepper to taste
- Put the bacon in a saucepan and cook until it begins to turn crispy. Remove it from the pan and leave it on a piece of kitchen roll.
- Add some extra GAEA Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil and cook the onion gently for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the crushed garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the vegetables and stock and simmer for 20 minutes until all the vegetables are cooked through.
- Transfer to a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Season with extra black pepper.
To make this soup vegetarian or vegan, why not top with vegetable crisps instead of the crispy bacon?