Our Easy, Cheesy, Creamy Tomato One-Pot Orzo is the ultimate comfort food fix. With its quick preparation, velvety tomato sauce, and melty cheese, it's a warm embrace on a plate, making those gloomy evenings feel just a bit brighter. Get ready to indulge in pure, creamy, and cheesy delight – it's a one-pot wonder you won't want to miss.
Recipe by @sarahfoodieuk
- TIME NEEDED
- 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp GAEA Authentic Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 150g dried orzo
400ml boiling water
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1tbsp soft cheese
- 30g Parmesan (plus extra to top)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of GAEA Authentic Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a pan, alongside the garlic.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, orzo, boiling water, Italian herbs and chilli powder. Return to the heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until the orzo is soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the soft cheese and Parmesan until fully melted and creamy.
- Serve and top with Parmesan and black pepper.
Sprinkle a handful of fresh basil leaves or a drizzle of GAEA Authentic Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil over your piping hot orzo just before serving.