Who doesn't like the crumbly crunch of filo pastry? If you have filo sheets all you need to do is layer them in a roasting tin of any shape or size and fill it with your favourite ingredients, this is our take on green olive filo pastry pie, with asparagus, leeks and Greek graviera cheese.
- TIME NEEDED
- 40 mins
- 400g fresh sliced leek stalks
- 1/2 cup Gaea Greek Authentic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200gr green asparagus
- 2 cups Gaea olives Marinated with Lemon & Oregano
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 200gr Greek graviera cheese, Gruyere cheese or feta cheese
- 300gr Potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 250gr filo pastry sheets
- Peel and cut the potatoes in even pieces and boil until soft
- Drain and set aside to cool
- Roughly chop the olives and place in a large bowl
- Fine slice the leeks add to the bowl and add the cooled potatoes
- Crumble the cheese into the bowl or chop if using Graviera
- Drizzle with half the olive oil
- season to taste and combine everything together
- In a roasting dish that fits your filo pastry size with a bit to hang over the side, layer half the filo sheets brushing each one with olive oil.
- Add all the mixture to the dish and level it out
- Layer with the remaining filo sheets once again brushing with olive oil
- Drizzle the top with some more olive oil
- Place in a preheated oven at 180°C until golden brown.
When you have finished assembling the pie, use some water on your finger tips to dampen the edges for a crispier pie.