Treat yourself with our delicious easy-to-make chocolate cookies. The ingredients are all easy to
find if not already on your shelves and within a few minutes you & fall in love with these cookies from the first bite!
- TIME NEEDED
- 25 mins
- 1/2 cup Gaea Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (170 g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar and sugar. While whisking continually, stream in the olive oil and whisk until smooth and emulsified.
- Whisk in the egg and egg yolk, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until no dry spots remain.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and then scoop cookie dough into balls using a 2-tsp sized cookie scoop.
- Place cookies on the prepared sheet tray, leaving at least 1” of space between them. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are browned and the tops are golden. Let cool on the pan for about 5 minutes before serving.
Garnish with lemon, grapefruit or Seville orange marmalade