This simple but delicious Ragu is the perfect evening meal for anyone looking to lift their mood. We have paired with @missnutritionist to create a wholesome, mood lifting ragu. Olive oil helps to boost serotonin levels which is a neurotransmitter that influences your mood, sleep, memory and learning and all that whilst enjoying a delicious meal.
- TIME NEEDED
- 40 mins
- 1 tbsp Gaea Planet Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 large aubergine (about 250g), cut into 1cm dice
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 250g lamb mince
- 2 tsp fresh mint
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 50g Gaea pitted kalamata olives
- 240g dried fusilli pasta
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan and fry the onion and aubergine for 6-8 minutes, or until starting to soften. Add the garlic and continue to cook for a further minute.
- Add the lamb mince and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until browned all over, then add the mint and olives. Bring to a simmer and leave on the hob to cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Drain and toss together with the ragu. Garnish with fresh mint leaves, if you have them. Add extra oil if desired. Enjoy!
By drizzling some extra virgin olive oil on the final dish, you will get even more nutrients and benefits from the olive oil.