You would never have thought that you can makes Olive oil cupcakes this Jubilee weekend, did you? Well yes it is a thing especially in Greece where we cook everything with olive oil, even desserts! Here is a fab olive oil cupcake recipe for a healthier option by ditching the butter!
- TIME NEEDED
- 45 mins
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup Gaea Kalamata Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or bean paste
- Sprinkles, to decorate
- Place flour and caster sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine. Making a well in the centre.
- Add the milk, extra virgin olive oil, eggs and vanilla to the flour mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Grease a 12 x 1/3-cup capacity muffin tin. Or, line holes with paper cupcake cases.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C or 180°C fan for 12 to 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave in tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- In the meantime sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Add food colouring and water and stir until smooth and well combined. Spoon icing over cupcakes or decorate using a pipping bag and sprinkle with the sprinkles.
Add a small amount of colouring with a tooth pick until you achieve the desirable colour.