Roasted Lamb is a meal that traditionally Greeks cook on special occasions and is considered the tastiest and most wholesome option when it comes to red meats. Try this yummy combination with oranges & Green Olives to create a moth-watering dish for your festive dinner!
- TIME NEEDED
- 5 hours
- 1 Leg of Lamb
- 1 cup dried chamomile
- 2-3 whole garlic cloves
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup GAEA Authentic Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small bunch of oregano coarsely chopped
- 1 glass of white wine
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 jar Gaea Pitted Green Olympian olives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut 3-4 garlic cloves in thick slices, with a knife make small incisions all over the lamb and fill with the garlic slices.
- Rub the salt all over the lamb and then massage the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the mustard all over the lamb leg as well.
- Cut the remaining garlic and garlic head roughly in a horizontal half and place with lamb in a deep roasting dish.
- Sprinkle the lamb all over with the oregano, chamomile and orange juice leaving the used orange in the dish
- Add the Green pitted Olives around the base
- Pour the wine in the roasting tin base.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven at 120 degrees Celsius for 4 hours
- After the 4 hours have passed drizzle with the olive oil and place back in the oven on 200 degrees Celsius until golden on the outside, usually about 40 minutes.
For a stroger oregano taste you can prefer to add GAEA Pitted Green Olives Marinated with Lemon & Oregano instead of Green Olives.